On January 20, 2012, The Monti joined forces with ScienceOnline2012 to showcase a night of storytelling. ScienceOnline is an annual meeting exploring science and the Web. It’s a community-driven event that facilitates conversations and strengthens the connections among scientists, journalists, librarians, educators, students and anyone who likes science. The theme for the evening of stories was ‘Connections‘, and each of the storytellers chose a unique and interesting interpretation on that word. In all, seven people took the stage, and by the end of the night, we all walked away feeling inspired, informed, engaged, and connected.
The clips below represent the stories told at our ScienceOnline show. We present them to you in the order in which they were told. Enjoy!
1. Chris Gunter, Owner of Girlscientist Consulting (@girlscientist) [audio:http://www.themonti.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Chris-Gunter.mp3|titles=Chris Gunter]
2. David Ng, Molecular Geneticist (@Ng_Dave) [audio:http://www.themonti.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/David-Ng.mp3|titles=David Ng]
3. Janet Stemwedel, Ethicist and Philosopher of Science (@docfreeride) [audio:http://www.themonti.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Janet-Stemwedel.mp3|titles=Janet Stemwedel]
4. Scott Huler, Writer and 2011 Piedmont Laureate (@huler) [audio:http://www.themonti.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Scott-Huler1.mp3|titles=Scott Huler]
5. Marie-Claire Shanahan, Assoc. Prof. of Science Education (@mcshanahan) [audio:http://www.themonti.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/MC-Shanahan.mp3|titles=MC Shanahan]
6. Bug Girl, Entomologist and Student Advisor (@Bug_Girl) [audio:http://www.themonti.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Bug-Girl.mp3|titles=Bug Girl]